What The Festival is a carefully curated boutique festival,
Where the experience of art and music are paramount.
We create conditions for enjoyment;
Places to immerse in the magic of expression, inspiration, and community.
Spaces to seek the power of the positive.
We welcome all who are looking to bask in the glow,
and play in the light.
Thank you for your interest in sharing your art at What The Festival 2016! Artful experiences will be situated throughout The Illuminated Forest art walk and around The Plateau.
As you put together your proposal to submit your art, please keep the following information in mind.
What We Are Looking For:
- Interactive art and artful experiences that hold interest in both daylight and evening hours.
- Installations should include some element of lighting.
- We accept existing work, and newly proposed work specifically built to be unveiled and experienced at the festival.
- Your work should be able to survive the elements of the natural environment (wind, dust, bright sunshine and potentially rain).
You can find some examples of past installations HERE.
- Visual Art Applications close on March 30, 2016.
- Please note that applications are accepted on a rolling basis and will be considered and/or accepted partially based on the order submitted.
- All artists will be responded to by April 15, 2016 (you may hear from someone from our team sooner if any questions arise as we review your application).
- At a minimum, artists and/or their crews will need to have availability between the dates of June 15th – 20th for set-up, a lighting/tech rehearsal, an artist meet and greet on opening night, throughout the festival dates to be sure their art is functioning properly and for taken down thereafter.
$Art Grants / Passes:
- What The Festival provides a number of grants for artists to display their work(s). Please take transportation, materials, installation, strike, time on site, etc. when considering the level of needs for the grant to cover.
- What The Festival will also consider ticket trades in lieu of monetary grants where appropriate.
- There will be a limited number of tickets made available for artists/crews. Please keep this in mind when applying and only include essential crew members on your application.
- Power is provided and available as a part of your art experience. You will need to alert the What The Festival team as to your power needs in advance, including any requirements for set up and strike.
- All artists will need to transport their work(s) to and from the festival. The art must arrive and leave in the time schedule outlined with the festival in advance.
- What The Festival is a camping festival. Please note that you and your crew must be self sufficient and that showers, meals, etc may not be available outside of festival days. Artists must also provide their own tools.